FEDEX AND USPS SHIPPING UPDATES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC - UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- FedEx has suspended their money-back guarantee for all FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office services effective immediately until further notice
- FedEx has suspended Signature Required for most shipments as well.
USPS Updates from:
- Priority Mail’s two and three-day service commitments now will be extended to three and four days, respectively. Customers will continue to receive end-to-end visibility and improved product tracking, as well as up to $50 in free insurance. With the extra day extension, customers should expect delivery using Priority Mail Open and Distribute (PMOD) to range from two to four days nationwide.
- First-Class Package Service (FCPS) two and three-day service commitments will also be extended to three and four days, respectively.
The following services will NOT change:
- The Postal Service’s flagship Priority Mail Express service, which guarantees overnight service, will not change.
- Service commitments for local 1-day Priority Mail will not change.
Some domestic retail and service locations are closed, and USPS is not servicing some Diplomatic Mail zip codes. Also, some zip codes in Alaska have delivery and service limitations. Please see our post here for more information.
International services continue to have transportation challenges, and many Global Express Guaranteed Services have been altered. Please see our post here for more on international operations.